Learn how to bring greater insight, sensitivity, wisdom and potent innate transformation to your yoga and life, through this unique immersion on Ayurveda for Yogis with appleyoga Founder Katy Appleton and Ayurvedic Health Counselor Insiya Rasiwala-Finn. Ayurveda is India’s powerful healing science of life, and helps us return to a simple yet core idea, that when we live in true harmony with the rhythms of nature and flow of life; we can experience authentic mind body and spirit health even in our fast paced modern lives. This Advanced Training builds towards a 500 hour Yoga Alliance Certified Advanced Yoga Teacher Training.
You Will Learn:
Key Ayurvedic Principles:
Understand the key principles of Ayurveda as related to diet, lifestyle, mental and spiritual health in a tangible and approachable manner, and learn how to apply them to your life to create more wellbeing. We will discuss the idea of Prakriti, or our innate natal constitution and how we can rediscover the way we are meant to live, in harmony with our larger environment.
Yoga for the Doshas
Understanding the 3 doshas or constitutional mind-body types opens the doorway to deeper understanding of our bodies, our minds and heart. These powerful insights allow us to observe existing habit patters and effect lasting changes that move us to a different way of being. You will learn how to adapt the yoga practice to balance the impact of the time of day, seasons, the age of your students and bring more balance and healing. You will practice creating bespoke yoga routines that help to balance yours and your students’ individual constitution and learn how yoga can be powerful medicine when used wisely.
The movement of prana, or life force or energy is key in the yoga practice. Understanding the deeper principles of this life force energy via Ayurveda offers us insights into sequencing practices to address different energetic needs. We will discuss and practice yoga asanas through the Ayurvedic lens, to bring freedom, awareness and flow.
Food and Digestion:
Digesting food well is crucial to our health according to Ayurveda and more recently Western Science. Learn how what you eat and when impacts us as unique individuals and how we can find more balance in our life through balancing our food. Create your own healing regimen using simple Ayurvedic recipes that you will use for life.
Maintaining “shukra” or juicy-ness is our mind-body’s way of signalling that we are vibrant and thriving. Here we’ll explore how we can use a daily routine of Ayurvedic self care practices, yoga and pranayama to effect energy, vitality and creativity in our life and practice as we age.
Duration of the Course:
3 days, 23-25 November 2017.
You will receive:
A manual with Ayurvedic terminology, explanations, suggested yoga routines, recipes and a daily lifestyle regimen.
At the end of this course you will feel empowered to:
- Incorporate Ayurveda into your own life and your yoga classes.
- Understand digestion from an Ayurvedic perspective and be able to offer yoga and lifestyle suggestions on improving digestion and thus overall health.
- Teach Yoga inspired by Ayurveda to balance the doshas.
- Understand Ayurvedic principles on taste, food and health.
- Create and practice an inspiring home self care routine.
- Live life according to the natural flow of energy so that you thrive in all aspects of your life.
If you are already within appleyoga's teacher training program, then successful completion of Insiya's course will have earned 30 more hours towards your appleyoga 500hr certificate. If you wish to complete further training with appleyoga after your initial 200hr YA training elsewhere then you are very welcome to email us so we can further support your teacher training education with us.
110 York Road, Battersea
London SW11 3RD
- The nearest station is Clapham Junction - a 10 minute walk away.
- Please see Google Maps to find your best route - parking at Price Studios is behind the building and is available upon request.
- Bus routes 44 and 170 stop directly outside the studios. The 295 and C3 also stop nearby, a 2 minute walk away.
Walking from Clapham Junction
- Exit the station via the Grant Road exit
- Turn left into Grant Road
- At the end of the street, turn right into Plough Road
- At the traffic light, go right into York Road
- Price Studios are on the left, 50 metres ahead
Investment and booking
Earlybird discount from £600 down to £475 is available for those paying in full, before 15 August 2017. £200 of this is non-refundable.
Alternatively you are welcome to pay a non-refundable deposit of £200. The balance of £400 is due by 25 September 2017, or you can pay in full upon booking.
Our teacher training course has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals. Our graduates are trained to the highest standard and are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance Professionals.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- 90+ days or more prior to the training date: payments will be refunded, less £200 which is your non-refundable deposit.
- 89-60 days prior to the training date: payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less the £200 non-refundable deposit) to a future appleyoga training.
- 59 days or less prior to the training date: payments are not refundable.