The term ‘holding space’ has been around for centuries and is integrated into the everyday language within the yoga teaching community. But what does it really mean?
At its core, ‘holding space’ is about how we show up for each other – the quality of our presence, our willingness to listen and our ability to be fully engaged and yet completely still. To be so deeply connected to the highly unique and non-physical reality of the space that your students begin to move within the field of possibility and potential where they can delve deep into their own individual practice while maintain the safety and consciousness for all.
The ability to hold space is as important as a well thought out flow, or a clean and clear space and in a fast paced, over stimulated world, it is a rare honour to receive.
In ‘The Mastery of Holding Space’ we will spend two full days together where you will have the opportunity to experientially delve deeper into and discover:
- The key elements of ‘holding space’
- How to identify ‘the space’ and to stay connected to it
- How to respond to the changes within the space while maintaining the integrity of the class and practice
- Advance presencing tools and techniques specifically related to ‘holding space’
As always, we will journey together, with curiosity, compassion and care as you begin to master the incredible gift that is ‘holding space’.
** This workshop is available to those who have completed ‘The Art of Presencing’ workshop and who are on the appleyoga teacher training programme.
If you are already within appleyoga's teacher training program, then successful completion of Kerry-Lyn's course will have earned 20 more hours towards your appleyoga 500hr certificate. If you wish to complete further training with appleyoga after your initial 200hr YA training elsewhere then you are very welcome to email us so we can further support your teacher training education with us.
Dates & investment coming soon!
Our teacher training course has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals. Our graduates are trained to the highest standard and are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance Professionals.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- 90+ days or more prior to the training date: payments will be refunded, less £200 which is your non-refundable deposit.
- 89-60 days prior to the training date: payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less the £200 non-refundable deposit) to a future appleyoga training.
- 59 days or less prior to the training date: payments are not refundable.