The appleyoga approach to postnatal yoga, baby yoga & massage
appleyoga's postnatal training offers full spectrum yoga that can all serve to firm a foundation of physical emotional and spiritual health from which women can flourish as mothers and in all the roles they play.
It can and often does take months for women to have re discovered their embodied strength and remembered who they are in the context of their new life. Practiced wisely, yoga can form the basis for this new exploration.
This is a daunting time for new mothers and creating a class designed to support them on many levels can help them feel centred, give them a more positive outlook and provide access to simple tools to empower themselves throughout their day on and off the yoga mat.
As well as supporting the mother, this training offers tools to incorporate the baby into classes. With a day dedicated to baby yoga and baby massage, you will have plenty to offer new mums, allowing them time on their mat with the baby.
Baby yoga and baby massage have wonderful benefits for the development of a baby and it provides a wonderful time for the mother and baby to bond and enjoy a community support at this early stage of motherhood.
You will finish the postnatal training with:
- Key principles of Yoga practices adapted for postnatal bodies.
- Yoga and Pilates apple pods designed to focus on re-establishing core strength, whole body realignment specifically the spine and pelvis and joint stability.
- Clear simple and safe ways to adapt a regular yoga practice for postnatal women to empower them.
- How to work with key ailments and complaints based on a grounded understanding of the anatomy and physiology of a postnatal body.
- A clear understanding of the 7 Spiritual Truths and how they inform a personal teaching style.
- An insight into the spiritual process of a teacher and how it allows us to hold the space for students with more integrity.
- Skills to offer baby yoga and ways in integrate this into a postnatal class.
- Skills on baby massage and ways this could be integrated into your yoga classes.
- You will be welcomed into the appleyoga teacher training community, a wonderful support network of gatherings, online resources, yoga education and like-minded spirits!